
The day we'd been anticipating for over 6 months finally arrived! We've been planning for awhile to go to Les Miserables ever since we found out it was coming to Phoenix. We planned, bought tickets for our Christmas gift to each other and also my siblings chipped in and we bought my parents tickets as well. This last Thursday was the big night! Our first real date since Natalie was born, and it couldn't have been better. Our amazing, wonderful neighbor Tammy-Anne (love you!) watched both girls and they behaved well for her. This was the first night in Natalie's entire little life that I have not put her to bed. And she did fine! I was so relieved to call at intermission and hear she was sound asleep and Cyrena was heading there as well.


We started off the evening with a tasty dinner at BJ's where we shared one of their famous pazookie's for dessert. Then we headed to the theater. We had some time to wander through the arsty garden adjacent to the theater. There were some 'interesting' sculptures that entertained us. I had never been to the Phoenix theater before and didn't realize how small it was. It was wonderful to be so up close to the actors to clearly see their facial expressions and body language. This was my 4th time seeing Les Miserables and I think it was my favorite! It was also fun to watch David since this was his first time seeing it.
Les Miserables is such an amazing story of overcoming tough circumstances, learning to forgive, and even to love your enemies so that we may return again to live with God. It makes us all want to be better. What a great night!

7 comments:
Love it!! Les Mis was my 2nd musical theatre experience, the first being Phantom of course. I saw both of these amazing pieces growing up in LA. I have never been able to decide which one I loved more! I am so jealous! I am also glad you had a very well deserved night off with your hubby and your parents!
Oh, that looks like so much fun-- what I would do for a wonderful night out, but between a nursing baby and building our house, I'll have to hold out for awhile. I would love to see Les Mis-- I studied it in French in High School. So fun!! Your kids are so cute-- I can't believe how grown up Cerena is!!
So, I realized after posting that I'm a geek and spelled Cyrena wrong--sorry :0)
Ohhh I love Les Mis. SO happy you got to go. =)
I'm so glad you got out! The first time leaving the little one is SO hard, but I am glad Natalie did so well. And I am jealous you got to see Les Mis...for the 4th time! I have seen a couple of movie versions and read the book and love it. Maybe one day... :)
I am so jealous...I love that show! I've been twice and read the book. So inspiring. I'm glad you had so much fun!! You look beautiful!
So much fun! I wish we had culture here in So. Utah!
Post a Comment