Friday, May 1, 2009

Future Missionary


So after dinner last night I wanted to go deliver some bread to someone I visit teach. I had just finished making it before dinner so it was smelling divine. Anyway, I told Cyrena she could ride her bike and we would put Natalie in the stroller. 

She hears the word 'bike' and runs to put on socks and sandals
(such a fashion faux pa but you gotta love a 3 year old).

Then strangely she grabbed her backpack
(which isn't really that strange because she's obsessed with the thing and takes it everywhere).

I tell her she won't want to bring her backpack since she's riding her bike.

She replies, "But that's what the Elders do when they ride their bikes."

How do I argue with that?




p.s.  This bike is about 15 years old.  It belonged to my niece when she was little--when Polly Pocket first came out!  I couldn't believe her endurance though.  She rode her bike the entire way there and the entire way back.  We estimated it was at least a mile round trip.  When this girls puts her mind to something, miracles happen!

15 comments:

The Higginbothams said...

I just busted up as soon as I saw that first picture. What a funny girl, and the title was so fitting. Cool to see she still loves that backpack. You were a genius getting that, and thanks again for the penguin. Brady is big enough now to roll it behind him from Sacrament Meeting to nursery. EVERYONE has a comment. You can imagine. Natalie's got such a great smile, and you're really getting good at taking photos, like those of Cyrena riding off into the sunset.

Shelley said...

What a cutie! She will be a great missionary one day!

Shannon said...

How sweet!! I love the things that pour from their mouths...sometimes! LOL!
That Cyrena is going to change lives one day!!!

The Bluths said...

Tell her she can ride to my house anytime... as long as homemade bread is in the deal :)

Brooke said...

Love those sweet moments...she is so smart. She soaks in all the good you teach her :o).

Mark and Jessica said...

What a trooper! And she certainly knows what she wants.

Torrie said...

Cyrena cracks me up! What 3 year old realizes that Elders wear their backpacks while they ride? Miss Natalie gave you a great smile. You have super cute girls.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! Gotta love those socks and sandals. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

wow, what endurance!

Juliane said...

Jenna,

I just found your blog address and have been catching up on your family. Those girls are gorgeous!!! I just love the recent pictures of Natalie - of course you want to eat her up. I wish we lived closer cuz Grace would have so much fun with Cyrena.
All our love from New York,
Juliane

stacy marie said...

Adorable. What else is there to say really? :)

Mel said...

oh, those girls just melt my heart.

wittygal said...

Reminds me of my boys. Always out smarting mom. Once I told them that I wasn't going to give them any second chances anymore. Of course they said that God gives second chances and forgives people. What do you do?

Debbie said...

hahahahh. Love that girl, she has style.

Debbie said...

I just realized that was Elise's bike! I forgot. How cute!! I'm glad it stayed in the family ;)

The Deans

My photo
Life as we know it is full of laughter, fun, stress, love, faith and surprises. What more could we ask for?